There are many ways you can fundraise for Doorstep Library. Sponsored events are a great way to raise funds whilst also having fun. From running a marathon to organising a book club and donating the cost of your books, we are here to support you every step of the way.
Whether you are a corporate, an individual or a school, the best place to start is with an online fundraising page. We use the platform JustGiving and it’s really easy to set up your own page and start raising money. Below we explain how you can get your JustGiving page up and running.
- Login to your JustGiving account, if you don’t have an account you will be prompted to set one up
- Click on ‘Start Fundraising’ at the top of the page and choose what you are raising money for (a charity) and search for ‘Doorstep Library’
- Let us know what you are doing to raise money. Are you participating in an event (like a marathon), celebrating a personal occasion or doing your own thing?
If you are participating in an organised event, search for and select the right one on JustGiving. If you can’t see the specific event listed, select ‘Doing your own thing’ at the end of the list of options.
- Tell us if you are doing an event or challenge in memory of someone, choose your JustGiving web address – this is the link that will be shared with friends and family for them to donate to your page. It’s best that your web address includes your name. And let us know if you would like to stay up to date with Doorstep Library’s news.
- Click ‘Create your page’ and you are done!
Once your page is set up be sure to write your story, to let potential supporters know why you have decided to fundraise for us. Set your fundraising goal, this gives supporters a goal to get behind, you can always increase your fundraising target as you reach your initial target and if you need some guidance setting your fundraising goal then get in touch. Include images or videos to go alongside your fundraising campaign. The first thing your supporters will look at is your photo selection so be sure to include a couple of good ones! If you would to share Doorstep Library images get in touch with our Marketing Officer Ellenor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And lastly, why not personalise your thank you message? Add a more personal touch to your donors by editing your thank you message, this will be included when JustGiving send your donors their email receipt.
For more ideas, see our list below or contact our Head of Fundraising Ruth O’Malley at email@example.com.
- Sponsored walk
- Sponsored run
- Book club – donate the cost of your book to DL
- In memory
- Personal celebrations